Looking for an island getaway with never ending reefs, crystal clear blue water that is beyond belief, endless sunshine that culminates in the most spectacular sunset, then the Maldives is your destination. Looking for five star luxury with seamless service, delicious food, faultless Villas and everything on offer, this is your resort.
- MUST STAY – FOUR SEASONS LANDAA GIRAAVARU After thoroughly researching all 5 star options in the Maldives, GCR picked the Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru. Always a little nerve racking when you have a choice, make it and then have to wait until you actually experience it yourself to see if it is all it says it is. Well this resort not only met expectations, it far exceeded them and was sensational in every way.
- After arriving at Male airport you are flown by seaplane for about half and hour to land at Baa Atoll part of a Unesco World Bisosphere Reserve. The view on the way is spectacular.
- The service, the details and the decor at the resort is exceptional, from the moment you are escorted onto the plane, off the plane to check in and finally to your room or Villa, in our case a 2 bedroom Beach Villa.
- We were very happy with our initial 2 bedroom Villa(above) although be warned the “kids bedroom ” is tiny. We did get a fabulous surprise however, when we found our shower was not working and that we were to be UPGRADED to the 2 Bedroom Water Suite. Who doesn’t love an upgrade, and to this …
The personalised bikes add that detail that the Fours Seasons do so well and the bathrobes look very familiar. Every window from the Water Suite has a postcard perfect view.
- MUST DO There’s always the option of reading that stack of books you never get time to. However, if you are feeling active, fuelled by your long lingering breakfast, then you may be keen to get up and at it. The Four Seasons provides everyone with their own personalised bike so whatever you choose to do, you ride to your destination. There is every conceivable outdoor activity on offer, from deep sea fishing, to dolphin spotting, to diving and of course the usual snorkelling, paddle boarding, kayaking, surfing and tennis if you can bare the heat.
- MUST WEAR
(Clockwise from top left ) Oversized Sunglasses like these by Pared. Any flattering one-piece like this one by Michael , Michael Kors. A Kimono , coverup, bathrobe, call it what you will, it is versatile and chic draped over the swimsuit, eating your breakfast or even at the bar. This Clare V tote that is as attractive as it is practical for any island getaway. And don’t forget to throw in the Clarins sunscreen, which will be required at all times on your island. Strappy sandals are a must and these Valentino sandals are pretty special. The White embroidered cotton dress goes with everything else you throw in your suitcase and is always cool in the tropics.