There is no wonder Capri has been a favoured holiday retreat of the glamorous jet-set crowd since Roman times. This little Italian island on the south side of the Bay of Naples is the height of chic and while touristy in parts it’s also possible to avoid the crowds and luxuriate in the serenity of the island life.
- STAY We’ve already told you our favourite luxury hotel on the island that encapsulates all that is glamorous about Capri life, the glorious JK Place Capri.
JK Place is expensive, so if you are looking for something more affordable, the less luxurious but still chic and beautiful La Minerva is your hotel.
- EAT Chow down on your Insalata Caprese at Le Grottelle at Via Arco Naturale, 3, 80076 Capri NA, Italy, Aurora. The sometimes steep track to the restaurant is well worth it and you will have earned your share of the outstanding pizzas, pasta, salads, fresh seafood and of course, wine. The view alone is worth the trek.
- SIP Bellinis at the bar at the Quisisana Hotel to see and be seen.
- TOURIST MUST DO You cannot go to Capri without experiencing the Blue Grotto. You may have to queue as there is no way you can avoid the tourists here. The experience is out of this world and the blue is the bluest blue you will ever see.
- BEACH CLUBS Il Riccio Beach club at Capri Palace is where you should head to soak up the sun and live like a local.
- BUY The legendary Canfora leather sandals made famous by Jackie O and Grace Kelly before her, come from Capri, hand made to order.
- WEAR You know what to wear 😍